Public Health England’s mission is to protect and improve the nation’s health and to address inequalities through working with national and local government, the NHS, industry and the voluntary and community sector. PHE is an operationally autonomous executive agency of the Department of Health.
PHE is responsible for:
- making the public healthier by encouraging discussions, advising government and supporting action by local government, the NHS and other people and organisations
- supporting the public so they can protect and improve their own health
- protecting the nation's health through the national health protection service, and preparing for public health emergencies
- sharing our information and expertise with local authorities, industry and the NHS, to help them make improvements in the public's health
- researching, collecting and analysing data to improve our understanding of health and come up with answers to public health problems
- reporting on improvements in the public's health so everyone can understand the challenge and the next steps
- helping local authorities and the NHS to develop the public health system and its specialist workforce
PHE Obesity Website
Click here to view all the resources gathered from this organisation's website.